Sunday, November 1, 2009

Wondering with my Partner

Instead of joining the crowds at the cemetery yesterday, my wife and I spent a good part of the day at a fishpond in Consolacion Town, in Cebu.

While we were there, I captured an image of a Javan Pond Heron - once thought not to range in Cebu at all:



I also came across a Clamorous Reed Warbler amongst the bushes that line the ponds there:



While my ever-supportive wife trained her 5DMK2, with the Sigma 150-500, at a flying raptor - a Brahminy Kite - with its meal grasped firmly in its claws. The shot was taken from behind 'cause the bird had just flew past us when we noticed it:



A closer look:



Activities with your partner strengthen the bonds that bind you. I thank God each day for giving me both a good wife, and a natural Wonderer, all in one. :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hello, Sir Bob! Your name rang a bell, when I read the watermark on your photo. My tatay's first digital cam was acquired from you. I hope you still recall your Emcor days.
    Going through your photostream--- all impressive and creative! Hope to get in touch with you.
    Floie Dayaguit.

    ReplyDelete