Sunday, November 1, 2009

First Steps ...

Here is my first attempt at posting Bird Photos on this site - I hope the images comes out as I want them to :-)



That is a Coppersmith Barbet and it's a race specific to Cebu, hence its Scientific Name: Megalaima haemacephala cebuensis.

The photo was taken during a trip I made with some other birder friends to a place in Cebu Province called Alcoy - a known habitat of the very rare Black Shama - a species found only in Cebu, and nowhere else in the world. We had spent the previous day looking for the bird - and found it:



Now, we had some idle time to kill before heading home, and well, I got lucky with the Barbet. I was the only one who captured the Barbet's image at that time, and I think this is still one of the best around :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment