Monday, January 25, 2010

When Things Just Don't Work Out

A Common Kingfisher

Every now and then, we find ourselves in a situation where what we expected just doesn't happen. We planned for it, we were ready for it, then ... nothing. In bird photography, patience is a true virtue, if you really want that perfect photo.

The photo above is a nice example. I had set up a camera with a remote video trigger (Phottix Brand) pointed and pre-focused at that exact location where this bird usuallly sits and waits for prey. Everything was set-up perfectly. Then I waited, and waited, and waited .... and waited some more.

After almost 3 mours of waiting, and getting too hungry to wait some more, I grabbed the gear, and placed them back in the car. Just as I was about to leave, the bird showed up and perched exactly on the spot! I had to take some shots, at least, and this was the best I could come up with, shooting from the car window - a distance of roughly 35 meters. Oh well, maybe next time, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment